There are five cemeteries in the Township:
15102 South St.
Wakeman, OH 44889
110319 SR 113
Berlin Heights, OH 44814
12310 Cable Rd.
Berlin Hgts., OH 44814
10819 Harrison Rd.
Wakeman, OH 44889
13903 Carter Rd.
Note: Burials only take place in Birmingham, Florence and Cable.
Rates effective January 01, 2020:
Plot Purchase (5' by 10'):
- Township residents or Property Owners - $350 per burial plot
- Non-residents - $800 per burial plot
No more than four (4) cremations or one (1) full burial and three (3) cremations allowed per plot.
Note: A Florence Township Firefighter that is an Honorary Member (five years or more) and their spouse can purchase, only for themselves, two cemetery plots at Florence Township resident rates in any Florence Township Cemetery.
Burials - Opening and Closing Fees (*Includes a standard foundation 22" x 48". Specialty sizes will incur additional cost.)
|Monday thru Friday:||
Resident - $400.00
Non-resident - $500.00
Resident - $500.00
Non-resident - -$600.00
|Burial of Ashes Mon-Fri:||
Resident - $200.00
Non-resident - $300.00
|Burial of Ashes Saturday:||
Resident - $300.00
Non-resident - $400.00
* For Saturday burials, all funerals have to be in the Cemetery by noon, so closing can be done by 1pm.
* No Sunday or Holiday burials.
- A check (made out to the Florence Township Trustees) for Opening/Closing must be given to the township representative along with a burial permit (provided by the funeral home) before or at the time of burial.
- A temporary grave marker with the name of the deceased is to be left at the time of burial, if no permanent marker is in place.
CEMETERY RULES & REGULATIONS:
- No planting (shrubs, trees, flowers) without the permission of the trustees. Township does not maintain personal landscaping.
- Two pots or vases allowed per grave Glass containers are prohibited.
- Flowers should be in a secure container and placed on the foundation.
- All statues or personal items must be securely placed on the foundation and kept off the ground, so as not to interfere with cemetery maintenance.
- Broken or damaged items will be removed and discarded.
- Winter wreaths must be removed by February 1, if you want them.
- After holidays, decorations should be removed within two weeks or they will be discarded.
- No pets allowed.
- No bicycles on cemetery grounds.
- Permission of the trustees is required for any non-standard monuments.
- Cemetery closes at dusk.